Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Couch Gift Tin


Modern Sugar Blvd is releasing tons of new digi images. This is one is a couch. Yep.... a couch. Now what could one do with a couch? This question has been rolling round in my brain for about a week. I thought of all sorts of things: a relax card, a gift card for a new home, a come visit card, a movie night at home basket, a welcome gift basket... I could go on! :O)
What I finally decided on is a glimpse of a living room. A super cozy and comfortable couch, a warm afghan and a window with a bird in it! Ahhhh. This gift tin will hopefully be used to bring someone some comfort. It will be filled with cookies or another goodie!
The tin is colored with alchol inks ~ I forgot how much fun they can be! Be on the look out from more projects with them. Paper is My Mind's Eye and the window was made by taking popdot strips to form the frame and then I dipped it in glitter. My husband was laughing at me. He said "Good thing we don't have a window like that in our house - you would never move!" I asked him what that meant, but he just laughed some more and walked away!
On a more serious note Modern Sugar Blvd is donating the sales of certain digi stamps to a little darling girl named Kayleigh. Please click this link to be taken to the Modern Sugar Blvd blog to read more about it. Thank you! Have a wonderful Wednesday! {{{HUGS}}}

7 comments:

DG said...

This is such a creative idea. I got the couch too lol and my thought process was the same as yours TOO FUNNY!!! This is a really creative idea you ended up with, so well done!!!

Crystal said...

Great job on the tin....I love the afghan on the back.... Super sweet....

stampingtink said...

Very cute! I'm going to have to learn to play with the alcohol inks. I love altering boxes and what a great couch. Love the afghan on the back. Too cute!

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this!!!

Justine said...

YOu are so creative. Love the "blanket" tossed over the back of our sofa. Great job

Justine said...

Have FUN. Love these cards especially the new H&M images. Great job. The color combo is fab

Mandy said...

This is GREAT!!!!!