Thursday, September 24, 2009

Crisp Autumn Days

Autumn... apples, mums, asters, cool days, warm nights, apple cider, apple pie,
soups, time with family, more time to create, more time to breathe.
Say Hello to my little stone froggie... he love flowers. :)
And he makes me smile every single time I see him... priceless.
Decorations that sit on my old, old trunk.. This trunk is one of my special treasures, found an estate sale of a wonderful woman who dedicated her days to teaching and encouraging youth... this truck is at least 100 years old and has the travel tags to prove it.
My silly husband accidentally locked the trunk one day... unfortunately the keys were (and still are) residing within....
A simple floral arrangement made last night. My table needed it! Isn't it wonderful how a quick journey to a craft store and a few misc. items can make a table happy? Now to finish the runner...

Finally a project made with fabric, paper and glue ~ some of my very favorite things. This photo was actually taken by my husband, but it speaks to my soul.... sometimes you must be brave and strong and walk forward on your own.
Wishing you a beautiful and prosperous day ~ Smiles from the heart ~ Brandi

2 comments:

Lorie said...

Brandi, I love the things you shared today! Such great representations of this beautiful season! Your scrapbook page is gorgeous, and that photo is definitely a speaker to souls! BEAUTIFUL!!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Catherine said...

OMGoodness, Brandi! LOVE your decorations! Fall is by far my fave season, and all of these elements just scream fall! Beautiful!!!!
Fabric!!! I can only sew by hand, but I love fabric, and I love how you incorporated it on this project! And what a great photo by your hubby!