Thursday, March 31, 2011

Paintings and Sketches

I wanted to show some updated sketches and paintings. Painting is the bomb! Don't get me wrong, I love my Copics, but when you mess up a painting you can just paint of the error and keep going. :) The photo above is my first painting ~ Believe.
This photo is called The Girl and the Moon.
The two photos below are a sketch and painting I made after learning my oldest friend's dad had passed away.
Sometimes art can help us to say what words cannot. Until now, I had never experienced working on a project that broke my heart progressively more as it neared completion.
The title of the painting is "I Will Keep You In My Heart Forever" a saying that means so much to my friend.

I have been working more on stamp sketches this week, so but hopefully I will get some painting done next week. It's hard to tell though ~ spring is coming and the brings lots of time spent outside. :)

Have a happy day

~ Smiles ~

Photobucket

1 comment:

Micki said...

Wow, awesome! I totally know what you mean about painting being the bomb.

I love how I can get depth with the watercolors or creating just a "wash".

You did an awesome job, especially on the eyes..... totally gorgeous! :-)