Friday, May 6, 2011

Mother's Day Challenge Card

Happy Friday! Be prepared ~ I feel a rambling post coming on. :) Today I wanted to share a card I made using one of the new releases from Fairy Knoll ~ her name is Iris. Quick sidenote ~ Iris was actually drawn so that I would have an image to use on a card to give to my mom for Mother's Day. :) Now back to the previously scheduled post ~ Please join us at Fun at Fairy Knoll for the Mother's Day challenge this week. :)

This card as a couple of neat features... there are some close-up's down a little farther about making your cardstock look suedelike. The ribbons are layered ~ a lilac polka dot over a satin purple. Looks pretty cool in real life. :)

A shot of the inside... this paper is so very fabulous to work with. It has such happy colors! The name of it is Lime Twist from My Mind's Eye.

Here is the mini-tutorial I was telling you about. Being the brainiac that I am, I forgot that Stampin Up cardstock doesn't have a white core.... something that come to light after I had been sanding away for a while. :) The picture below shows the paper prior to sanding..... but wait for it..


this is the paper after sanding! You may have to click to enlarge the photo to see exactly what I am talking about, but doesn't it look like suede? A happy error on my part!

Hope you have a fun and fabulous Friday!
~Smiles~

Photobucket

2 comments:

Linda . J said...

Gorgeous card Brandi,love your colouring and design, the embossing is beautiful.
Hugs Linda

Dawn B. said...

This is so pretty. I really like purple on any card. Great coloring too. This embossing has a great pattern..